Data Engineer Entry Level (Cloud/Big Data Service)
Date: March 16, 2017
Location: Westford,MA **20-40% Travel Required**
Company: Logan Data Inc
Posting Title: Data Engineer Full-time/Internship
Recruiting Team: Data Engineering/Science and Analytics Department
Who we are
Logan Data founded with a vision of providing Data Consulting Services to businesses of various domains, with a focus on the healthcare sector. Logan Data was designed to be a customer-centric service provider for data consulting services and solutions in the New Eng- land Area, with a keen interest in expanding in the Big Data practices.
We have Data Integration, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and Big Data Practices.We at Logan Data strive to make technology an asset for your business, not a problem.
We strive to make technology integrate seamlessly with your business so your business can grow. We bring in proven consulting experience for discussions and Project. We walk in with the industry standard templates and best practices.
The Data Engineer position is a critical member of Data Engineering/Science and Analytics Department(DESA). DESA includes a diverse group of technical architects, engineers, consultants, and support professionals dedicated to delivering on LoganData’s mission of helping our clients to embrace cutting edge technology and propelling our client’s business imperatives toward success.
- ● Empowers clients to turn information into action by gathering, analyzing and modeling client data which enables smarter decision-making. Uses a broad set of technology partners of LoganData’s analytical tools and techniques to develop quantitative and qualita- tive business insights.
- ● Working on IPaaS (Integration platform as a service)technology, a set of cloud-based software tools that govern the interactions between cloud and on-premises way write com
- ● Have close interaction with our clients in understanding requirements/use cases, scheduling, proposing solutions, to deliver several professional services engagements.
- ● Working with our clients to take a patchwork integration program/environment and turn it into a best of breed approach leveraging middleware, direct API calls, RESTful Web Services, EDI, real-time and batch integrations.
- ● Conceptualize, develop and implement integration solutions between systems such as Salesforce.com, Mobile Apps, ERP(SAP, Oracle OBIEE, etc.), Quality Control Systems, Data-warehouse and other applications.
- ● Responsible for architecture, design, and implementation of Hadoop and NoSQL based full-scale solutions that include data acquisition, storage, transformation, security, data management and data analysis using these technologies.
- ● Delivering the cutting edge data management, data warehouse, integration and data quality solutions.
- ● This individual will participate in online and in-person direct customer interactions to quickly assess customer needs, demonstrate technology partners of LoganData’s innovative solution, and support customer proof of concept, developing Best Practices and providing product demos to our customers, helping support to troubleshoot mission critical issues, documenting product enhancements and defects discovered, and communicating with the product management team
- ● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related technical degree. Advanced degree preferred.
0-2 year technical experience with:
- ● Knowledge of XML, good basic level understanding of REST principles, and REST and SOAP APIs.
- ● Hands-on experience designing, implementing and operationalizing production data solutions using emerging technologies such as Hadoop Ecosystem (MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Spark, Sqoop, Flume, Pig, Kafka, etc.), NoSQL(e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB), In- Memory Data Technologies, Data Munging Technologies.
- ● Implementing large-scale cloud data solutions using AWS data services
- ● Architecting large scale Hadoop/NoSQL operational environments for production deployments
- ● Must be a self-starter and extremely organized with your space and time.
- ● Experience working in a corporate environment and their unique challenges so as to be better able to understand our customers.
- ● Competitive salary with opportunities for raises and bonuses every year
- ● H-1B visa sponsorship for 2017.
- ● Green Card Sponsorship for foreign candidates
- ● ”E-verify” program to help with OPT STEM Extension
- ● PPO Health, Visual, & Dental Insurance.
- ● 401K retirement plan
- ● Paid Time Off
- ● Professional development allowance for conferences, classes, and special events
Apply for this job
If you are interested in this position, please send your latest resume to: